- Diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders
- Crisis intervention in stressful situations
- Counselling for partner and family relationships
- Assistance in social and professional conflicts
- Diagnosis and treatment of sexual dysfunctions
- Diagnosis and treatment of psychosomatic disorders
- Diagnosis and treatment of addiction
Psychiatry is a medical specialisation that treats mental disorders, which manifest themselves in the thinking, emotions, perceptions and behaviour of patients. From all medical disciplines, Neurology has the most in common with Psychiatry. Neurology also deals with the nervous system, including the brain. From the non-medical disciplines, Psychiatry is closest to Psychology and they work together for both the treatment and diagnosis of mental disorders.