- Clinical examination including an ECG
- Load bicycle exercise test (ECG) - a gradual increase in physical exertion while on ECG
- Echocardiography - ultrasound examination of the heart showing the individual cardiac chambers and valves
- 24-hour blood pressure monitoring (Holter pressure) – for assessment of blood pressure
- 24-hour ECG monitoring (Holter ECG) - monitoring heart activity after 24 hours
Cardiology is the branch of internal medicine dealing with the diagnosis and non-surgical therapies for heart disease. This includes the diagnosis of congenital heart defects, coronary artery disease, heart failure and other diseases of the heart.